Love Beauty and Planet - Consumer Promotion
Terms and Conditions
1) Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2) The Promoter is Unilever Australia Limited (ABN 66 004 050 828) of 2 Park Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000.
3) Promotion commences 00.01am AEDST 22 April 2019 and ends at 11.59pm AEDST on 7 June 2019 (“Promotion Period”).
4) Entry is only open to Australian residents who meet the following eligibility criteria:
a) speak and understand English to a high level*
b) be a minimum age of 18 years old
5) Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this Promoter are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
HOW TO ENTER
6) To enter, eligible participants must, during the Promotion Period:
a) Correctly complete the on-line entry form including all requested information, including the entrant’s full name, email, state and birthday. You can also provide your phone number so we can contact you directly in case you are one of the lucky winners
b) Answer the question “What will your hair love?” by selecting the hair need below
- Colour Care
- Care for Curly Hair
- Smooth Strands
- Volume & Bounty
- Damage Repair
- Scalp Freshness
c) Answer the question “What will your skin love?” by selecting the skin need below
- Irritated skin
- Calming aroma
d) Answer the question “Please tell us in 25 words or less about your small, simple acts to be kinder to the planet?"
7) Multiple entries not permitted, entrants need to submit unique name, email address, phone number, state and birthday to be qualified to participate in the contest.
8) If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
DETERMINING THE WINNERS
9) This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on merit of the answer provided to the Promoter question and will take place at the offices of the Promoter (2 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000) by 10 June 2019. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
10) The winner can only be selected from inside Australia.
11) Winners of the prize will be announced and notified by email or phone after the 10 June 2019. Judging will be conducted to distribute any unclaimed prize within 14 days following the initial judgment at the same place as the original judgment. The new winner will be announced and notified by email or phone within 14 days following the initial judgment.
12) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
13) Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid. The same applies to early or late entries.
14) The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15) The Prize consists of one of 30 Love Beauty and Planet giftpacks that includes a Love Beauty and Planet tote bag filled with products worth up to $100 based on hair and skin needs entered by the participant during the sign up.
16) The Prizes are distributed as follows:
a) Thirty (30) Prizes for 30 unique winners each that filled in the contest form in Lovebeautyandplanet.com/au website.
17) If for any reason a winner does not accept the prize (or an element of the prize) at or by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
18) If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in their discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
19) If a winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), does not meet the eligibility requirements, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
20) Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
21) The Promoter and the Promoter’s agent will collect and process entrants’ personal information for the purposes of the Promotion. However, but participating in this Promotion, you consent to the Promoter using your personal information for future promotional, research and marketing purposes.
23) It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the prize.
24) If the prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
25) Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
26) If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, subject to State or Territory regulation.
27) The Promoter reserves the right to extend the duration of the Promotion.
28) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable and incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
29) The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
30) The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
31) The entrant may need to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
32) Unless otherwise specified, the prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guest) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
33) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
34) Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.