- Remember when you first learned how to braid? Well, the first bit of good news is that when it comes to discovering how to French braid own hair, you start in the same way. Simply gather your hair into three strands. Separate your hair at the crown and take the left section of hair, crossing over the right and center strands. An easy start.
- Once you’ve completed the first couple of crisscrosses, pick up additional half-inch sections of hair near to your start point and incorporate them into the braid.
- Don’t be afraid to let loose strands fall out of the braids, you can always pin them up if they’re too long. Or leave them for a little more bohemian chic!
- Continue to take additional pieces of hair as you complete each braid, and before you know it, you’ll have the makings of a cool-looking braid.
- Keep going until you run out of hair to braid, and secure with a tie. That’s it – you know now how to French braid your hair!
Once you’ve learned how to French braid hair, it’s easy to do, and you can really play around with the style. Wear as a funky ponytail, up in a stylish bun, or in fabulous side braids. As soon as you know how to French braid you can mix up the style and come up with as many different looks as you like!
For more information about different types of braids, check out our other stylish and easy braided hairstyles article.