1. Use up all your products before buying new things
We know it’s tempting to dive in and replace everything you already have in your bathroom with eco-friendly alternatives. As much as we all love trying out new products and think it’s great to try and find planet-friendly products, throwing away half-used bottles is not the most sustainable approach. One of the best ways to cut down on plastic is having a look around your bathroom and using everything up that you already have.
2. Refill, recycle, and reuse
Once your current products are empty, you should recycle them as best as you can. Check your local recycling services and see what products and what kind of packaging you can recycle. You can also look into refilling options to reuse old packaging, so you don’t need to buy a completely new product. Alternatively, try and upcycle empty beauty products. Be creative and give your previously loved things a new life with these simple solutions.
- Use your old toothbrush for cleaning your bathroom.
- Old glass bottles and jars can be used as vases or storage for jewelry.
- Get crafty and give old shampoo bottles a new purpose as vases for your plants.